I hope this message finds you in good health and spirits as much as can be expected during these challenging times.
The Zen Center has reopened under CDC and local community guidelines to continue to help stem the spread of Covit-19
We will continue offering “zoom” Sangha participation
The health and safety of our ZCP Sangha members and community is our top priority. Here are some ways to keep us all safe while still being able to practice together:
● Use hand sanitizer provided at each entrance before entering the building
○ The front patio will serve as the main entrance for now
● Wash hands frequently
● Wear a cloth face mask/covering, optional during Zazen
● For Zazen, both the Zendo, common area and outside patio area ( weather permitting) will be used to allow for comfort and safe distancing.
● Service, Dharma talk, etc. will be offered outdoors as much as possible.
○ Maintain distancing while moving about
○ No hugs, handshakes, or sharing of food
○ Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or a sleeve when coughing or sneezing
○ Stay home if feeling unwell
○ Wait two weeks to join us if you have been around a sick person, or traveled
● Use of the grounds by members and supporters is unlimited
Introductory sessions are being offered the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month. Visit our beginner page to find the details. https://deepspringzen.org/for-beginners/
Zen Center of Pittsburgh, is a Soto Zen Buddhist Temple founded in 1999. The Zen Center serves the community by offering services, daily meditation and monthly and annual Zen meditation intensive retreats. We are located just thirty minutes north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on fourteen isolated acres with stunning views of the Western Pennsylvania forest. Children are welcome.
The mission of the Zen Center of Pittsburgh, Deep Spring Temple is to provide for the Transmission of the Buddha’s teachings and to preserve the Soto Zen Lineage through the practice and study of Soto Zen Buddhism. ZCP is first and foremost a place in support of The Three Treasures: Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha by emphasizing the importance of both lay practice and priest training.
ZCP is committed to develop and maintain a sustainable membership based organization for the purpose of:
- Soto Zen Practice and Study for both lay members and Novice/Trainee Priests
- Soto Zen Religious Services and Events
- Educational and Cultural Programs and events that serve to nurture balance and harmony in the lives of individuals and the Community-at-large.
How to get here:
124 Willow Ridge Road
Sewickley, PA 15143